OCCRA
Go to Post We are not here to build robots, or to win a contest, or to travel to cool places or to bring home trophies. we are here to see what a career in engineering and science is like; anything else that happens along the way is frosting on the cake - KenWittlief [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
JohnFogarty
Today 03:19 PM
Supplies Stockpile
1x1", 2x1" aluminum tubing Versaframe Gussets of multiple varieties Vex Pro Versaplanetary Ring Gear stages, planetary gear sets (2-4 of each), and 2-4 of the 1/2" HEX base stages. (these go out of...
(618 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Chris is me
Today 03:17 PM
Build a bot, scrap a bot; build two, scrap two or one?
Never been on a team with two robots where the second robot wasn't promptly scrapped. Often it's scrapped right away as spare parts for the comp robot through the offseason. Particularly good...
(315 views, 8 replies)
New Post
Whatever
Today 03:02 PM
"The level playing field" in FIRST
This only matters for districts. In regionals the thing that matters for advancement is getting to the finals. To me the biggest asymmetry in FRC is that half of the teams are playing under an...
(11,966 views, 150 replies)
New Post
ahartnet
Today 02:58 PM
FIRST Choice - What are you getting?
I usually run a poorly programmed python script (written by me) to scrap data from the FIRST choice site into a spreedsheet, and then crowdsource some remaining data (typically the actual cost). You...
(643 views, 4 replies)
New Post
xszym
Today 02:49 PM
Help Send Afghan All-Girls Robotics Team to USA!
I met these girls few times! I'm sure FIRST community achieve this goal!
(913 views, 7 replies)
New Post
phargo#1018
Today 02:38 PM
NEO Hall Effect Res
As a community, FIRST has been used to brushed motors. The combination of the brushes and the commutator assure that the rotor coils couple properly with the magnetic field of the stator. I would...
(215 views, 2 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 02:24 PM
What is your Andymark wish list for this year?
Are you getting things from other vendors as well? If so, is this just the AM part of what you're getting, and other stuff is another question? Whatever the answers: Kit chassis with a few gearing...
(598 views, 3 replies)
New Thread
itsmechuckb
Today 02:14 PM
Wanna Look Like A Genius?
Is it really click bait if I have something useful to show you? I am NO genius, but I felt like one, when, after developing and bench testing a TCS34725 color sensor driver, that upon first...
(173 views, 0 replies)
New Post
waialua359
Today 02:13 PM
Time Management & You (or why the death of bag isn't death of social life.)
No worries.:) We have a lot of work to do.
(1,175 views, 11 replies)
New Post
PatrickW
Today 02:04 PM
pic: Flipped NEO Gearbox in Tube WCD Chassis
Both gears are 20DP, pinions are 11T and the big gears are 60T.
(1,670 views, 18 replies)
New Post
Nuttyman54
Today 01:41 PM
pic: Flipped NEO AM14U3
Well how about that, learn something new every day. Great tips.
(1,539 views, 24 replies)
New Post
davispitts3577
Today 01:24 PM
Nintendo Switch Control Input
Just reached out to the creator of DS on android. We will see what he has to say.
(161 views, 11 replies)
New Post
cadandcookies
Today 01:17 PM
pic: Introducing MKCad, the Onshape FRC Parts Library
Yes. What you want to do is create a “Label” that you add to the correct documents. Then this label will show up in the “Other Documents” tab when you’re inserting them.
(3,618 views, 17 replies)
New Post
Billfred
Today 01:06 PM
Preseason Stocking Up on Materials
I more or less said the same thing to someone in a rep. If you can hit 20:1 and 100:1, that gets you things that spin at about 1000 RPM (RedLine/775pro) like intakes and shooters, and things that...
(685 views, 10 replies)
New Post
MikLast
Today 01:05 PM
goto first new post broken with Chrome on Windows?
Nope. Desktop only.
(4,749 views, 37 replies)
New Post
Bryce2471
Today 12:18 PM
pic: 3 NEO Low Profile Reverse Mount Gearbox
Yeah I'm guessing this would be necessary for your application with the new motors. I say that because there is a snap ring groove at the base of the neo output shaft.
(405 views, 9 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Today 11:31 AM
Programming Mechanisms Right
^^^ This - measure what you need to measure, preferably through the fewest number of proxy stages. Another sensor type to keep in mind is the absolute encoder. This is used for continuous rotating...
(207 views, 2 replies)
New Post
mrnoble
Today 10:12 AM
6 NEO "outside-in", WCD, AWD drivetrain sketch
We ran a Four-CIM SSCG drive on our 2016 robot and had zero issues, I would not hesitate to run the SSCG in this configuration. Wow, a really excellent idea! I love this design.
(1,302 views, 10 replies)
New Post
Cyberphil
Today 10:03 AM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #749
The look when you forget your team hat at home.
(191 views, 13 replies)
New Post
BenjaminRowe
Today 10:02 AM
2019 Game Speculation
Every team is going to receive a Boeing CST-100 (and it's launch vehicle) in their KOP to launch them and their robot into space, where they will then have to orbit to and dock with stations located...
(39,961 views, 176 replies)