Go to Post "When I joined the team, I was told that we'd be in the shop for six weeks. I STILL haven't seen a single boutique, and now they have me dumpster diving for robot parts! I quit!" - EricH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Hess1113
Today 02:11 AM
Battery Bag
Neat. This is a good idea, especially with the battery status marker.
(159 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Levansic
Today 01:52 AM
No Robot Comm on DS when using ethernet
Check the setup page of the Driver Station to make sure it doesn’t have xxyy as your team number.
(259 views, 4 replies)
New Post
BethMo
Today 01:51 AM
G20/G25 Scale Scoring Grey Area?
This is a lovely corner case, and I think it's important that we bring it to wider attention and get a ruling that will be applied consistently across all regions. So I've submitted it to the Q&A as...
(1,227 views, 11 replies)
New Post
Levansic
Today 01:48 AM
Team 585 (Super) Holonomic Drive
We’ve updated our code to add a convenience VI for setting up Talon SRX controllers to set many of the relevant closed-loop parameters. We have also updated our basic robot project to show how to...
(271 views, 1 replies)
New Post
thatnameistaken
Today 01:39 AM
Ramp on Robot back side versus robot side
I think the statement "of course, you can also do this test in reality" makes it pretty clear myself, but I'm not an LRI.
(700 views, 8 replies)
New Post
rstockton429
Today 01:01 AM
The Robonauts 118-Everybot
We just weighed it and it was 81 pounds with bumper and battery.
(6,353 views, 30 replies)
New Post
cj3958
Today 12:42 AM
Maximum Height to fit under the scale plate?
Field CAD says 44.379" My team has been designing around 42", but that might be a bit overkill. I am fairly certain my CAD is set up correctly but it could be slightly incorrect as I edited the scale...
(205 views, 3 replies)
New Post
buchanan
Today 12:27 AM
Low Latency Camera Discussion
Axis IP cameras, e.g. the M1011, have worked well for us. Sticking with MJPG vs H264 improves latency at the expense of bandwith. Setting a very low exposure time is another important way to control...
(1,186 views, 7 replies)
New Post
jojoguy10
Today 12:20 AM
Height/Robot Extension Clarification
Please don't double-post. It's unnecessary. Thank you.
(403 views, 4 replies)
New Thread
origamitaco
Today 12:09 AM
Record/Playback Autonomous
In theory, there should be a way to record encoder values on the drive motors and playback the motor speed required to reach those encoder values, right? What would the smoothest way to scale between...
(67 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Ginger Power
Today 12:00 AM
Powering a Multi-Stage Lift
This is actually the video that inspired The GreenHorns' elevator design. It does an incredible job of explaining how the mechanism works!
(337 views, 2 replies)
New Post
techhelpbb
Yesterday 11:59 PM
Internal battery resistance test tools
As others have noted it's also likely because of the different methods of testing internal resistance between the Battery Beak and the EM3610. I don't have any more time to play with this tonight. ...
(595 views, 13 replies)
New Post
DevFun
Yesterday 11:48 PM
"Quotes" that were said during build season
Our new CNC machining joke is that we refuse to clean our cnc enclosure, we are instead going to weigh all the chips left over and compare to the robot weight to fin out how productive we were this...
(1,415,336 views, 5,145 replies)
New Post
Tyler Olds
Yesterday 11:43 PM
[FUN] Candidly Speaking 1/15 8:30pm Eastern
Should be up around Midnight central time or so on youtube.
(1,157 views, 13 replies)
New Post
WSiggs
Yesterday 11:21 PM
Arms Protruding the Bumper Zone
It is important to note that as R02 implies, if your FRAME PERIMETER is smaller than the 33" x 28" maximum size, all mechanisms must start inside the FRAME PERIMETER of your robot anyways. A robot...
(598 views, 5 replies)
New Post
tindleroot
Yesterday 11:10 PM
[Ri3D] - 12th Hour Robotics 2018 Technical Analysis
Looking at some of the match video, I have a feeling the following trends will be seen in week 1 competitions and perhaps the whole season. -The first box an alliance scores on the scale seems to be...
(680 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Oblarg
Yesterday 10:50 PM
Unit Confusion on CTRE/TalonSRX Motion Profiling
Correct. How far off is your distance? If it's a small amount, remember that rolling diameter of wheels often differs from the ostensible geometric diameter. If it's a large amount, watch out for...
(675 views, 10 replies)
New Post
JRumple
Yesterday 10:49 PM
FIRST Power Cube Covers Available on Amazon
If you're up for some practice before making your bumpers, you can sew your own Power Cube Covers. With a yard of material you can get two covers. Jack FRC 4418
(3,647 views, 17 replies)
New Post
E. Wood
Yesterday 10:43 PM
[FRC Blog] Team Avatar Submission System
Yep, us too.... thought this would be simple.:confused:
(723 views, 6 replies)
New Post
axb5
Yesterday 10:22 PM
CAN Timeouts and CAN Bus Failure
We will try upgrading the RIO using lifeboat tomorrow when we have access to the robot. We can also reduce the resistance across the CAN bus. We were successfully running the Talons over CAN just two...
(99 views, 3 replies)