Go to Post You can be extra safe or you can be competative - its your choice. - Raul [more]
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

New Post
Joe Ross
Yesterday 11:30 PM
Current Limiting causes Talons to go crazy
See https://github.com/CrossTheRoadElec/Phoenix-Documentation#motor-output-direction-is-incorrect-or-accelerates-when-current-limit-is-enabled
(34 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:25 PM
Team 3476: Code Orange presents Gnaraloo (2018)
Agreed. Everything looks well thought out. Good luck at Orange County!
(768 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:23 PM
2018 Hudson Valley Regional
This looks awesome. We were trying to create one, but yours turned out way better.
(390 views, 6 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:16 PM
Ribbon Cable to PWM for Magnetic Encoder
In 2016 I wired up a pair of BOBs to make an extension. It was really not fun, especially since I used some rather stiff wire. I'd highly advise making your own ribbon cables. We used Digikey...
(153 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:12 PM
Strategies for switch-only bots?
This is a really good nugget of strategy here for power-ups, and one that I have seen even high level teams mis-playing on webcasts and at AZ North when I was volunteering. There is no point in boost...
(2,216 views, 22 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 11:11 PM
Who knows, maybe we'll see you in Detroit and we can pull off the elusive "Double Dunk" (as we call it here in the States). ....on the practice day of course.... ;)
(1,397 views, 13 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:48 PM
TalonSRX configClosedLoopPeakOutput
One thing to check is if you have the most recent version of the CTRE Pheonix library downloaded.
(46 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:41 PM
New Bag
FWIW, 115 used to put cut pool noodles on the corners of the robot to prevent this exact issue. I believe several other teams do the same.
(1,656 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:30 PM
G14: The Pinning Rule is Broken.
I would also make sure that it was applied by the field software. Don't make the refs do more than press a "timed penalty" button. Good luck trying to get that one in...
(2,801 views, 32 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:27 PM
I was going to say: sudo random number: Random number declared by the super user.
(1,850 views, 17 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:25 PM
Attaching sprockets to axles
Depending on your setup, you'll need several collars and various spacers. We use a lot of PVC pipe for spacers and cut them off square on our chop saw. It's cheap and you can make any length. We...
(245 views, 9 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:20 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #715
Michael replied "This Sucks!" "No, it really sucks." "Yes, our bot actually sucks."
(33 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:20 PM
Strategy for End Game When on Opposite End of Field
Here's my Tuesday Evening Quarterback analysis, as someone who has yet to actually compete at an event: The only way to avoid the penalties is to go around to the other side of the switch, so that...
(807 views, 5 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:13 PM
Greater Kansas City and Heartland Regionals 2018
These past two weekends at Heartland and GKC have been nothing but excellent experiences. The event staff and volunteers were all exceptionally helpful and kind, and kept the events running smoothly...
(7,281 views, 48 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:11 PM
PNW District Championship Projections 2018
Thanks again for doing this every year! Is the point cut-off projected to be in the 60's again this year?
(133 views, 1 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:06 PM
CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #714
Gotta finish this before Smoky, right? First place goes to: Second place goes to:
(287 views, 16 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 10:06 PM
3rd event question
i see you looked into my team, cool. we got a notification that a event that got canceled was rescheduled to week five, and mar wanted us to go to fill in some spots that are missing due to it being...
(545 views, 2 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 09:52 PM
Is Rookie KoP battery charger legal in FRC competitions?
One Anderson cable short, if you're a rookie. 1 per battery (2) 1 for the ROBOT (1) 1 for the charger (oops... time to spend some FIRST Choice credits on a battery cable!) Had a rookie run into...
(978 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 09:43 PM
2018 TVR
While this was not the showing 5881 was hoping for, we are proud of what we managed to accomplish, especially our list of "firsts" this year. To 1493, congratulations, it's been a long time coming...
(376 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Yesterday 09:39 PM
Shuffleboard starts slowly
Will add to the voices about slow start up times. We just switched to Shuffleboard because our smart dashboard was bugging out and not displaying our auto choosers. Shuffleboard showed them without...
(906 views, 21 replies)