Go to Post Of course just because there is are existing solutions to a problem does not mean there aren't better ones. - dtengineering [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Michael Corsetto
Today 12:21 AM
Building Drivetrains by Week 1
Wesley and Josh did a great job addressing the pertinent points of the discussion. I'll only add one comment. Trade offs and estimations are a critical component of the engineering process....
(792 views, 9 replies)
New Post
nomythicalbeast
Yesterday 10:53 PM
2018 Game Speculation
I agree, but I would like it if it is something completely new. The main thing I want out of an endgame, though, is for it to not be able to completely decide a match outcome like climbing did this...
(22,688 views, 114 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Yesterday 10:46 PM
Rookie Team Logistics/Advice
Possibly no surprises here, but these are the key things you need to do, in the likely order you will be able to do them: Get mentors/coach: Finding a head coach/lead mentor is cruicial, as well as...
(192 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Brian Maher
Yesterday 10:40 PM
2015-2016 correlation coefficient matrix
#MakeHavingMultipleG ameObjectivesRelevan tAgain
(1,396 views, 9 replies)
New Post
cscottm
Yesterday 09:53 PM
Another burned PDP trace
2502 also did this right before our season started. IIRC we found a unhealthy amount of aluminium shavings inside........... :ahh:
(422 views, 2 replies)
New Post
deeek
Yesterday 08:33 PM
FRC 3959 Morgan County Mech Tech SteamWorks Pit Box
Your pit was very well done this year (we were right across from you at St. Louis). Would you happen to have any more pictures of it? We're looking for inspiration for revamping our pit.
(632 views, 1 replies)
New Post
EricH
Yesterday 07:48 PM
Financial Support for Struggling Teams?
I can't speak directly for the team currently, but what I do know about them is this: Their school is (very) small. I don't know for sure if they'd class as private or private homeschool (in CA,...
(1,043 views, 15 replies)
New Post
mwmac
Yesterday 04:07 PM
2017 IRI Team List
FTFY;) And yes, the boilers will be busy...
(3,698 views, 16 replies)
New Post
Joe Derrick
Yesterday 03:11 PM
CAD Software / Setup Thoughts
To follow up with Ty's post, Onshape has been an invaluable tool for us. It allows multiple user's to access and develop a CAD model. As part of some offseason research we have been investigating CNC...
(722 views, 11 replies)
New Post
GavinL
Yesterday 02:58 PM
How do I start with C++ for frc?
http://frc-pdr.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ has ALMOST all you need. It's still being developed I believe.
(219 views, 3 replies)
New Post
GavinL
Yesterday 02:57 PM
C++ Basics
Sorry for late reply but http://frc-pdr.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ is a website that helps with programming along with how it is used in FRC.
(569 views, 3 replies)
New Post
GeeTwo
Yesterday 02:09 PM
paper: Fun WCD attempt
For pneumatic tires, you may want to bump up the drop center to 1/4". If you keep it at 1/8", you'll want to be checking the air pressure on the center wheels very regularly to keep the total weight...
(430 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Andrew Schreiber
Yesterday 01:16 PM
pic: 3D Printed Timing Belt
I thought about it, but I only tried this because I had the roll of filament already.
(1,080 views, 11 replies)
New Thread
SndMndBdy
Yesterday 12:53 PM
Financial Services & Robotics Job Opportunities
Hi, In addition to serving as a mentor for team 3419, my day job is running all of the technology for equities investing at AllianceBernstein. AB is a global leader in investment management, and...
(231 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Pauline Tasci
Yesterday 12:07 PM
Beach Blitz 2017- Applications Open!
Updated Team Application List: (in order of applied) * reminder apps are due July 19th, currently we have 39 teams who have applied * 973 1323 4 1160 2493 3647 6535
(2,381 views, 19 replies)
New Post
Kevin Ainsworth
Yesterday 10:18 AM
2017 adjustable hood (shooter)
We decided to go fully adjustable this year and designed a servo driven shroud to control release angle. This allowed us to shoot from the hoppers as well as the center gear peg. If you would like...
(2,095 views, 17 replies)
New Thread
n3rdchik
Yesterday 09:38 AM
[FTC]: Speak to me of FTC Leagues
If you are in a league, what do you like? Don't like? How many competitions are there? How many volunteers do you need? Michigan FTC Teams are exploding and it looks like it will be a huge challenge...
(101 views, 0 replies)
New Post
Caleb Sykes
Yesterday 09:33 AM
Elo Comparison of Regions
https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16747 23&postcount=5
(582 views, 4 replies)
New Post
EdgarAlenPoe
Yesterday 09:20 AM
What was your teams worst expierence during competition?
We had one match this year where our main breaker was knocked off the Velcro we mounted it with and hit the field, turning off our robot.
(29,417 views, 115 replies)
New Post
Jon Stratis
Yesterday 09:04 AM
Bumpers *other* than pool noodles?
Getting teams to make proper bumpers even now is hard enough, and that just involves cutting the pool noodles to the correct length. I wouldn't even want to think about the difficulty we would have...
(802 views, 6 replies)