Go to Post Its great for us as mentors to see students teaching other students and a robot being built from scratch without us. Maybe someday they won't need us at all!!! - DR3381 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi
CD-Media   CD-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

subscribed threads only Play   Pause

EventByThread/PostForum
New Post
Cash4587
Today 01:37 AM
pic: [MCC] 2018 Oryon Robot Reveal: Rouge
Here is the Technical Binder for the 2018 team Oryon MCC robot Rogue. https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/3430? Enjoy.
(1,800 views, 15 replies)
New Post
AustinSchuh
Today 01:17 AM
Current draw of stalling motors to hold up an arm?
Say we have an arm of length L holding a box with a mass of M. The worst case torque on the arm due to gravity will be L * M * g = torque_arm. We then have a gear ratio G from our arm to our motor....
(1,364 views, 19 replies)
New Post
Joe Ross
Today 01:11 AM
CTRE Talon SRX, Follower mode and setInverted()
May not affect your issue, but latest firmware is 3.3
(98 views, 2 replies)
New Post
cclee
Today 01:09 AM
Motor climber issues
Unfortunately as some people have suggested we cannot go only 12Ē up as we plan on having other bots climb on ours. So that isnít an option for us as we are prett set on doing so
(1,053 views, 15 replies)
New Post
Basel A
Today 12:50 AM
Measuring robot extension during inspection
If your robot is capable of extending outside of the size limitations during the match, but does not have software in place to prevent this from happening, then you still pass inspection. All you...
(200 views, 3 replies)
New Post
Dan Waxman
Today 12:46 AM
Best part of competitions?
One of my favorite aspects about problem solving is that there's almost never a single way to solve a problem. FRC epitomizes this concept, which has become one of my favorite parts of regional...
(1,705 views, 34 replies)
New Post
techhelpbb
Today 12:12 AM
Internal battery resistance test tools
I got to test some Team 11 FRC robot batteries tonight with the EM3610, my Battery Beak, their Battery Beak 2.0 and their Battery Beak 1.0. So firstly I discovered that their Battery Beak 1.0 always...
(964 views, 16 replies)
New Post
Boltman
Yesterday 11:59 PM
No elim points for RP tasks this year
The way I see it RP don't really matter as much this year as in previous years ... its more a factor of alliance/team intelligence as the game is so non-linear. As a scout I will be looking for...
(739 views, 7 replies)
New Post
EmGrim
Yesterday 11:55 PM
2018 Shirt Trading Thread
Hey everyone! I'm on 1023, and I'm a S but have access to most shirt sizes if you aren't. I don't have any particular trades in mind atm, so just hit me up. I'll be at MSC and Detroit champs with...
(4,181 views, 44 replies)
New Post
sbrumbaugh
Yesterday 11:54 PM
"Quotes" that were said during build season
"Some idiot drilled the hole crooked." -Me about Me IRL - Me: "Has anyone heard from K?" SH: "I don't know she said she would be here" Facebook Mentors Lounge Conversation - Almost immediately...
(1,419,187 views, 5,156 replies)
New Post
tcjinaz
Yesterday 11:51 PM
what to do with the LiveWindow.add#####
Thank you very much! I finally stumbled into addChild, not through the JavaDocs, boo, hiss). Figuring out what to pass was not intuitively obvious to this casual observer.
(357 views, 4 replies)
New Post
philso
Yesterday 11:49 PM
Electrical planning
Quite a few people have given good advice on the mechanics of how to create your layout, mainly using two forms of CAD. The paper I posted several years ago gives some guidance on what you should...
(975 views, 16 replies)
New Thread
Cmdr. Tigerfang
Yesterday 11:38 PM
Double Solenoid programming Labview
I am having problems with programming double solenoids on the latest version and would like some help.
(41 views, 0 replies)
New Post
ozdave
Yesterday 11:26 PM
New Post
BoxWizard000000
Yesterday 11:16 PM
Detecting an Object by size
Try picking the vertical height of the image. You'll find that as you rotate, the horizontal angle will change but your vertical angle will not. Next you'll want to filter out by hue and saturation...
(374 views, 4 replies)
New Post
anherrera
Yesterday 10:59 PM
FIRST Power Cube Covers Available on Amazon
Would you happen to know where a pattern might be? My team is looking into sewing some ourselves. Thanks!
(4,305 views, 18 replies)
New Post
aspiece
Yesterday 10:58 PM
Detroit: Airport to downtown transportation
You can get a bus from the airport to Down Town. I recommend using Google Maps. It will tell you what bus to get you to downtown. Here is a link to where you can get information:...
(552 views, 4 replies)
New Post
Thardro
Yesterday 10:52 PM
How to Set Control Mode within new CTRE library?
The set function still serves the same purpose as before, setting the motor to a given speed, position, or other value. Just put it wherever you would have used that before, and then add the control...
(185 views, 1 replies)
New Post
NotInControl
Yesterday 10:45 PM
CAN Timeout Errors and Loss of DS Comms
Update number 2: Does not seem to be any issue if I create a new 2018 project and access the PDP in New code. In a default commandbase project if in disabledPeriodic I do: PowerDistributionPan el...
(157 views, 7 replies)
New Post
Laaba 80
Yesterday 10:32 PM
Polycarbonate vs. Aluminum
This just isn't true. Our intake was the strength of our robot that year. When we touched the ball we were able to intake it quickly and reliably. We did have a major design flaw in that we did...
(8,483 views, 47 replies)