We're working on software changes for DCMP with our practice robot. Mostly sorting out some inconsistencies with our auto moves.
We are also pursuing an electrical upgrade. We're changing all of our main power wire from 6awg to 2awg. We calculate that this will give us a 0.6-0.7v bump under our heaviest loading. Our datalogs indicate we're drawing up to 80A per drive motor in transient situations, which is not surprising given our 17ft/s single speed drive.
We got a decent hydraulic crimper to make our terminations. It fits very nicely in our pit bench vise's tubing holder, making crimps very easy to do.
We made several test crimps and sectioned them to verify that all of the conductors are getting cold welded. This is why crimping with the right tools rocks! The wire and terminal become one solid chunk of copper with very little resistance.
Everything is larger, including the connectors.
However, we got ultra-flexible 2awg wire, so it's actually easier to route in the practice robot and make/break battery connections, especially with the connector handles.