View Single Post
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-08-2016, 10:06 PM
AKA: Jeremy Koritzinsky
FRC #4786 (Nicolet F.E.A.R.)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2014
jkoritzinsky will become famous soon enoughjkoritzinsky will become famous soon enough
Re: SuperScouter For FRC -- A Multiplatform, Extensible Scouting System

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Is it open source?
I would be up to do a Mac/Unix port. I don't have/use Windows personally anymore.

How are you doing the networking between tablets and server?
I understand that Wifi isn't an option at competition. Is it bluetooth?
As Adam said, it is not open source. However, I may publish the Protocol Buffer file specs as well as other design documents that would be required to make a cross-platform server work at some point in the future. Right now I'm going to hold off so I know that any bug reports I get are because of my code, not someone else's. It just makes support a lot easier.

For the networking, the only time networking is required is for schema deployment, which as I stated earlier should be finalized before competition (since determining the data to collect is a vital part of any scouting plan). Other than that, networking is not required, but it is enabled for teams that are wishy-washy about those rules. Bluetooth is possible for the future, but will probably not exist on iOS because of the OS's implementation of Bluetooth (non-standard and undocumented).

SuperScouter for FRC Developer

Last edited by jkoritzinsky : 01-08-2016 at 10:11 PM.