View Single Post
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2004
Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Engineering Story Books

Does anyone know of any good books about the engineering process? I'm not talking about textbooks (I have more than enough of those), but stories that follow the development of a product. I recently finished Bill Cook's Road to the 707 and it was spellbinding to see them come up against totally unexpected problems and then figure out how to solve them. Books I've read in a similar vein are Rhode's The Making of the Atomic Bomb or Grosser's Gossamer Odyssey. Technical details are good, but the political details of all of these massive projects are always fascinating too.

I know I can't be the only dork who loves this kind of stuff.