View Single Post
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Assistant to the regional manager
AKA: Phil
FRC #4454 (Artisan Rockets)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
coalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant futurecoalhot has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to coalhot
Re: CNC Routers for FRC Robotics

Awesome thread!

We invested in a CAMaster Panther unit as one of the new shop tools for the season, and it's been invaluable (that plus laser cutter). It took our cad->part turnaround time from days to hours/minutes.

I've been running aluminum (6061) on it at ~100ips, 12,500rpm (1/4" Onsrud upcut spiral O flute bit) with some pretty impressive results. The only real issue this year was the spoilboard warped a bit because it wasn't bolted down properly, that'll be fixed in the upcoming weeks.

Any chance you could share any more details on the tubing jig? That's the next project on my radar. Had floated a bunch of concepts on how to hold down tubing but nothing as solid as your setup. Thanks!

304 (student) ->304 (mentor) -> 3929 (mentor/temp lead) -> 4454 (assistant head honcho/head honcho)

Jack of all trades, master of about 2. Interested in mentoring in Philadelphia? PM me!

My posts represent my personal views only, and do not represent the views of my team, its school, sponsors, or FIRST.