View Single Post
  #146   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Volunteer
AKA: Evan Hochstein
no team (No team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
ehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond reputeehochstein has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New District Events for 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroscopeRaptor View Post
It's safe to say Minnesota will not go districts this year as at the state championships it was confirmed that the Lake Superior regional in Duluth, MN will become a double regional. I think it's a bad move considering the size of the DECC (convention center), but I'm going to trust in the regional staff to make it all work out.
Have you seen the AMSOIL Areana? I am assuming that is where the second regional will be taking place, I think it will be awesome! So we still have the first regional in the DECC and the second one in AMSOIL arena. After the annoucement was made I was looking up some specs on each area and I am surprised we haven't been in AMSOIL in the past as it appears to have much better ammenities.

Also it may have been announced as a Duluth double regional but the RD still had their after-season meeting at FIRST HQ. I wouldn't consider MN Districts out of the question but there is less of a chance that they will happen now.

I'm sure the year we get a Rochester regional we'll turn into a district.

Side note: From what I hear the DECC was not damaged from the flashfloods a few weeks ago.