Thread: Why Robots?
View Single Post
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Best Available Data
FRC #1778 (Chill Out!)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2004
Ian Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeIan Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Robots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRotolo View Post
Yes, agreed.

FIRST and Robotics have so many dimensions, it is easy to find something you like and keep doing that. A lot like Amateur Radio.

But unless you spend time - a lot of time - with someone, don't assume that all they do is FIRST and/or robotics. I have so many things that I do in my spare time, I don't have spare time. And many of these overlap.
My control panel tells me I've averaged almost a post a day on this website for the last 7 years and I know I do plenty of things outside of FIRST. I'm not assuming people spend all of their time building robots -- it's just when I see posts like "There is a life outside of robotics?!?" without any hint of sarcasm I get curious.

In general my experience has been quite the opposite -- people that do FRC tend to be involved in all sorts of other interesting things.