#53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al WFFA 2005
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST is realy looking into the Einstein problems

Richard,
All non-mechanical parts, is what I have been told. That seems to fit your entire list.
I don't know what events used this package, but after testing prior to the season, most fields end up in three or four events as I remember.
This is not an attempt to replay Einstein, it is an attempt to duplicate the problems and find the cause(s) and document them. The only thing that can't be duplicated is the raging storm outside in St. Louis and the power distribution in the dome. As Jon has pointed out, everything else will be in Manchester.
I wouldn't read into this in any way. FIRST wants to get to the bottom of the problems and it seems they are doing just that. Getting 12 robots, all the team people, food and hotel, and the staff of experts to Manchester and back home is a huge expense. That should tell how committed they are.
www.wildstang.org