View Single Post
  #57   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Kims Robot's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Onto a New Chapter...
AKA: Kim O'Toole Eckhardt
no team

Rookie Year: 1996
Kims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kims Robot
Re: FIRST is realy looking into the Einstein problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DampRobot View Post
Having all 12 teams there worries me a little bit though. People have discussed "replaying" Einstein at IRI, and it almost seems like FIRST has accidentally provided this. I hope that these field tests don't devolve into an attempt by teams to try to see what would have happened if the problems had never come up.
I'm fairly certain there is zero chance of this... even if each team was allowed to bring more than 1 or 2 people. The poise with which all of the teams on Einstein handled the situation was exactly the definition of GP. By any of our standards, no one would have been surprised if one of the teams drivers or coaches threw up their hands in frustration or stomped around the edge of the field. Yet by everything I saw (we had direct view of the red side of the field), everyone remained calm and cool, and I even watched video showing the losing teams clapping with smiling faces. How they pulled that off is beyond me, but true evidence that they are Einstein caliber teams. I don't think any of those teams will be out to change our minds, and I think all of them have earnest interest in helping us all solve the issues and end up with a system that REALLY works so we can all play at our fullest potentials next year.
History - Team 176, Team 229, Team 1511, FIRST Volunteer!!
My new FIRST Photography Hobby & Angry Eric's Fan Page
Excellence - is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.