View Single Post
  #50   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-18-2018, 09:54 AM
FRC #1729 (Monadnock 4-H Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2007
Trying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud ofTrying to Help has much to be proud of
Re: FRC 95 2018 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCH95 View Post
Thanks! You are correct, no drop. We used a flat 6wd last year and absolutely loved it, even geared for 17ft/s single-speed with 6 CIMs. We used Colson wheels, which have a nice rounded edges. I imagine using a flat 6WD with a wheel that has a sharp corner or flange, like a plaction or hi-grip, the edge might dig in and make turning awful.

Credit where it is due: 125 used a flat 6WD in 2014, which gave us confidence to try it, and the FRC Design Calculator Rev 0 was used to calculate turning FoS ahead of testing to make sure that we were not asking for the impossible.
So as a non-mechanical mentor, I didn't know about the FRC Design Calculator. In case there's anyone else looking for it, I think it's available here: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/papers/3292

Last edited by Trying to Help : 01-18-2018 at 09:58 AM.