View Single Post
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-16-2018, 03:33 PM
FRC #0088

agamemnon is a glorious beacon of lightagamemnon is a glorious beacon of lightagamemnon is a glorious beacon of lightagamemnon is a glorious beacon of lightagamemnon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: paper: ZebROS 1.0: ROS for FRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
Effectively thatís what weíve done at this point. The hardware interface has to go through the rRIO. If you want to take advantage of ROS then itís ideal to do a bit more than just send basic control though. You want to utilize the ROS node framework and do things in a more ROS oriented way. Itís what necessitated the full rewrite that we did and why, amazing as it may be, the work that Tufts has done to integrate LabVIEW with ROS just isnít enough for us.
Fair enough, I was just trying to think of how you could run ROS without having to cross-compile an entire ROS install for the RIO. But then again, maybe I'm underestimating how many dependencies you'd have to cross compile to get roscpp working anyway, and I've never used ros_control so it wouldn't have occurred to me to want that on the RIO as well.

Great work again, can't wait to try it out.