View Single Post
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-29-2018, 11:31 PM
FRC #3275 (Accelerators 3134 & Regulators 3275)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2012
snoman is a glorious beacon of lightsnoman is a glorious beacon of lightsnoman is a glorious beacon of lightsnoman is a glorious beacon of lightsnoman is a glorious beacon of lightsnoman is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Advice on Starting STEAM Related Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja Anil View Post
Okay, YES. I've been part of the PLTW courses since my freshman year. Engineering Pathway. Started Freshman year with a whole lot of inventor and CAD. The class was Introduction to Engineering Design. Sophmore year was a lot of calculations and VEX programming and building. It was called Principles of Engineering. This year was Aerospace Engineering. I know other schools have different programs like Biomed and stuff like that but I am so happy they choose Aerospace. It's become my favorite class in high school. Next year is a capstone course where we'll solve an everyday problem with engineering ideas we have developed over the last 3 years. I'm excited!!
I so recommend this program. If it's possible to get into it or get it at your school, DO IT. You won't regret it.

I'm taking AP Computer Sci A next year, so I have no idea right now how it'll be. I'm excited though!
+1
I teach at a district that has PLTW k12. I think it is a good program. Also in MN you can get college credit for almost all PLTW classes. I will require teachers to be trained and there is a cost to the district for this. It is worth some research.
https://www.facebook.com/accerleratorsandregulators/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQU...Cr8I4wezAbMefA