View Single Post
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Onward through the fog.
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
JaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond reputeJaneYoung has a reputation beyond repute
Has Being In FIRST Made You More Brave - More Confident?

A few small events happened this past week that have gotten me started thinking about this topic. As I have been thinking about this, I have also been thinking about some of the discussions regarding changing the culture and Gracious Professionalism. These thoughts have led to other thoughts, wondering how deep does it go? Does it impact your life in such a way that your life is changed? Is it a time of build and competition that comes and goes in your life and you are no different that when you started? Is the philosophy that you have been exposed to something that you carry over into other aspects of your life and education? These are things I've been thinking about.

One small event was a little yellow sticky note that was stuck on my windshield at my eye level when I got behind the wheel. The author was not happy with my car or my parking and left a message that I can not repeat here. My first reaction was, this person has not heard about Gracious Professionalism. My reaction to that was one of - did I really just think that as an immediate response? The second small event is that my husband told me that I am brave. I've given that some thought as well, and I think that working with a team and helping to convey some of the philosophy of FIRST, has helped me become more brave and more confident.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
~ Helen Keller
(1880-1968)