View Single Post
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Kims Robot's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Onto a New Chapter...
AKA: Kim O'Toole Eckhardt
no team

Rookie Year: 1996
Kims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kims Robot
Re: Dean Kamen: The emotion behind invention @ TED

Thank you for sharing that, I had seen glimpses of the arm before, but not that speech. Dean is an amazing human being. If half the people that had the brainpower he does had the heart and passion that he does, this world would be an amazing place.

I found it interesting to see even people outside of FIRST talking about his lengthy style of speaking, though it appears the overwhelming majority of those people were more moved by his story than itched by his style. Its one thing that has always bugged me in FIRST. We take for granted that every year, often several times a year, we get to hear speeches from this amazing man. And instead of sitting down and thinking about the message, we whine about how long it is, or pull out our phones and start texting or playing games. I for one am enthralled every time I hear him speak, and I for one feel honored that I get to hear him every year and get to listen to the emotional stories and powerful messages. If even half the people in FIRST listened to his messages and took even the smallest of actions on them, what a world this would be.
History - Team 176, Team 229, Team 1511, FIRST Volunteer!!
My new FIRST Photography Hobby & Angry Eric's Fan Page
Excellence - is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.