View Single Post
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Animus
AKA: Tucker Campbell
FRC #3753 (Bulah Bots)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2012
ctccromer is a name known to allctccromer is a name known to allctccromer is a name known to allctccromer is a name known to allctccromer is a name known to allctccromer is a name known to all
Re: Tips for first-year programmers

I finally put LabVIEW on my laptop yesterday and I'm currently looking around the forums to decide which controller I want to use. I'm an xbox guy, not a playstation guy, meaning I like the dpad and the left joystick switched -- it's much more comfortable! However I've read a lot of people say that the joysticks on xbox controllers don't center at 0. I don't know if it's a huge issue or an easy fix, and I don't know if there's other issues as well.
I already know it has to be a 100% wired controller and I have to download a driver for it, but that's no big deal
1) Are there any other issues with xbox controllers besides the centering issue? How do you fix this?
2) If this IS an issue large enough to mean that I shouldn't get an xbox controller, that leaves me between the Logitech F310 and F510. As far as I know, the only differences are that the F510 costs $10 more, has a 4th button in the middle, and can vibrate. Does the vibration ever come in handy that much? I could imagine it being useful for a wide variety of things, but I could also easily see us not using the feature at all.