View Single Post
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:21 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: software software software

Posted by Khalid at 2/7/2001 11:48 PM EST

Student on team #486, The Positronic Panthers, from Strath Haven High School.

In Reply to: software software software
Posted by Anton Abaya on 2/6/2001 12:27 AM EST:

Last year, our rookie year, we had a very bad gearing on our drive wheels. Okay, I confess, we direct drove the drive wheels from the drill motors. This is a mistake we will never make again. We noticed that last year so we cut the voltage with software.

In the program we made a series of sloped lines that gave us proportional control of the output to the PWMs. All we did was have the lines with slopes of 1/4, 1/2 , 1, and 2. After plotting these lines, it almost looked like a curve. Now that I look at it I coud have used some kind of exponential equation instead of so many plotted lines.

Using this we were able to gain considerable amount of control ( much better than before, let me tell ya.) For the turning, we never went past 64 bits to either side of 127, agian using the different sloped lines.

: for those of you guys who have extremely fast robots, i'm sure you've had the problem of being over sensitive when turning the bot (tank driven).

: so i was wondering if anyone has tried this via software... the concept goes..

: "push a trigger button, then limit the min and max of the joystick yaxis to 70-200. push it again and default of 0-254 is returned."

: what this does is allows the driver more joystick room for a more accurate turn.

: just wondering if anyone has tried it or might want to do it.

: -antoninny