View Single Post
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-11-2017, 02:12 PM
I should be at baseball practice
FRC #1836 (The Milkenknights)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2013
marcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Championship Robot Mechanism Pictures 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Walters View Post
Here is 2767s gear intake. It rode on the bottom of the chassis, not many people saw it out from underneath the robot.

We mounted the two talons on the intake. It also had two photo eyes to tell us where the gear was in it's travel to the rear of the intake. In order to limit the wiring of the photo eyes back to the roborio, we used our sentinel board to receive the signal wires, its available at andymark. You can see the red board on the talon in the picture.

http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-3495.htm

https://goo.gl/photos/Ri8ebpSNZbUfzzJcA

Thanks for sharing and its definitely really cool, but to be honest I'm still pretty confused how it actually works. Do you have any documentation on the process for designing it? Maybe a video of a later rev prototype or maybe one of you cad students is like me and makes animations of layout sketches? I'd love to get a better sense of how the mechanism works and your process in designing it.

"Once you've concluded that it isn't a code problem, it isn't an electrical problem, and it isn't a mechanical problem, after all that blaming you now have a culture problem."
"Precedence is no excuse for being wrong."
"Aesthetics are great, but not at the expense of functionality."
"An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that unified team will be successful."