View Single Post
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-15-2017, 02:01 PM
I should be at baseball practice
FRC #1836 (The Milkenknights)
Team Role: Mascot

Rookie Year: 2013
marcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond reputemarcusbernstein has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Championship Robot Mechanism Pictures 2017

Thanks for posting those cool pictures!!

973 has been using those wheels forever! I'd bet they have a bunch in stock and prototype so much that they work well with a variety of game pieces. Those wheels (or very similar) showed up on their 2011 claw, 2014 intake/outtake thing, 2015 intake (on both robot revisions), and obviously their 2017 gear intake. Maybe I missed some or there are a few that predate me, but those wheels are pretty common on 973 robots and work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yello4 View Post
Got some photos of 973 when we were in a match with them:
https://goo.gl/photos/DiBaGznhZ4uC2zN97
I was surprised at how much #25 chain they have. Also the small wheels on their gear mechanism are from an RC car!

"Once you've concluded that it isn't a code problem, it isn't an electrical problem, and it isn't a mechanical problem, after all that blaming you now have a culture problem."
"Precedence is no excuse for being wrong."
"Aesthetics are great, but not at the expense of functionality."
"An entire team rallied around a potentially wrong decision is better than half a team rallied around the right one. And if that potentially wrong decision ends up being the right one, that unified team will be successful."