View Single Post
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Ken Leung's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Dare to Live!
FRC #0115 (Monta Vista Robotics Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Ken Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ken Leung
Thumbs up Been thinking about this for a long time

A lot of people have been thinking about doing a FIRST magazine for a long time, including me. Off the top of my head I remember Robby O. and Colleen of 190 really interested in it (I think...).

It would be very cool if we can actually make it happen. There are tons of ideas we can put on the magazine... FIRST place is one of them, visiting Team's headquarter is another, then there is reports from kickoff, regionals, Nationals, and off season competitions... Then there are tons of stories we can gather about teams' effort in spreading the idea of FIRST, or workshops teams put together to help train other teams...

It would be great if we can put some scouting reports on some of the best robots of the year, and technical section with white papers and robots design.

Things like that.

There are so many things we can cover in the magazine, and so many people across the country willing to contribute to it. IT's just something waiting to happen. I would most certainly be interested in becoming a reporter, and maybe if I work hard enough, I might become an editor.

But Robby used to tell me, "It's easy to come up with a good idea, but it's really hard to actually make that idea happen." I wonder when is the day when the magazine finally get published...