View Single Post
  #68   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-17-2018, 12:22 PM
Volunteer, WPILib Contributor
no team (Waiting for 2021)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2010
Thad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond reputeThad House has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WPILib is adapting GradleRIO - Jaci has become too powerful and we must stop her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrotek View Post
This is awesome news! Thanks for all the work that went into this.

What we really need now is a VSCode extension to officially support C# using RobotDotNet! Any plans Thad?
If I were to ever restart work on RobotDotNet I definitely would, however I currently have no plans to do that. With other commitments I just no longer have the free time to support the actual library development. If somebody wants to pick of the development of the libraries, I have mostly completed getting deployment working with the .net core CLI, so it would actually be really easy to get working in VS Code, but it would require the libraries being actively worked on for me to pick that back up.

I might try to work on at least the P/Invoke layer for the HAL, which is the biggest thing that needs changing for now, and I have an NT Core 4.0 rewrite basically done, but the main libraries still need a lot of work.
Co-developer of RobotDotNet, a .NET port of the WPILib.