View Single Post
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-29-2018, 10:56 AM
FRC #6897 (Astraea Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2015
risho900 is a name known to allrisho900 is a name known to allrisho900 is a name known to allrisho900 is a name known to allrisho900 is a name known to allrisho900 is a name known to all
Re: Battery Cart Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcampbell View Post
I would suggest looking into cable management before moving forward. With the amount of money and effort being put into the cart, you want to make sure it provides easy access to your batteries in addition to being able to plug and unplug them easily.

The nicest battery carts that I have seen are ones that have integrated the wiring into their designs. I dont see by your current design an easy way to do that. Maybe some kind of bar that runs above the batteries would allow you to attach the connectors to it but that would be awkward from a plug/unplug ergonomics standpoint.

Here are some pics of our teams battery cart in the link below. Each battery connection is mounted under each battery which gives students easy access to pull any battery at any time. This battery cart is around 8 years old but we have had no reason to change/upgrade it as it has been rock solid.

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...d.php?t=166088

Hope that helps. Otherwise I think it looks great.
Thought about that, I figured the amount of space I have in there would be enough for a person to navigate with their hands. I'll look into adding a bar though thanks!