View Single Post
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Lead Programmer, Captain, Driver
FRC #3975 (The Dragons)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2012
alexander.h has a spectacular aura aboutalexander.h has a spectacular aura aboutalexander.h has a spectacular aura about
Re: Congratulations to 254, 469, 2848 and 74 - 2014 World Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey178 View Post
Since it has been 9 years since my last trip to Championships, could someone please explain why elimination alliances have 4 teams now?
At the Championship, there is no provision for backup teams. This means that if a robot on an alliance breaks, the alliance is left with two functional robots. This year is the first year that FIRST has introduced 4-team alliances. Picture this :

Quote:
Four (4) Teams, A, B, C and D, form an ALLIANCE going into the Elimination MATCHES on their Division FIELD. During one of the Elimination MATCHES, Team Cís ROBOT becomes inoperable. The ALLIANCE decides to bring in Team D to replace Team C. Team C repairs their ROBOT and may play in any subsequent Elimination MATCHES replacing Teams A, B, or D. All four (4) ALLIANCE members are also eligible to play MATCHES on the Einstein FIELD should the ALLIANCE win the Division Tournament.
I think this makes it pretty clear to understand.

2012 - Rebound Rumble - Montreal Robotics Festival - Qualified 15th - Semifinalists thanks to 3379 and 3710 (Record : 8-8-1)
2013 - Ultimate Ascent - Montreal Robotics Festival - Qualified 33rd - Dean's List Finalist : Yazid Djenadi (Record : 4-8-0)
2014 - Aerial Assist - Montreal Robotics Festival - Qualified 9th (Record : 6-4-1)
2015 - Recycle Rush *** I predicted the game ***