View Single Post
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'Fix It Window' and Programming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRST Q&A
ID: 1223 Section: 5.3.3 Status: Answered Date Answered: 1/24/2005
Q: Does <R14>, particularly "cease all software development", preclude teams from changing code (variable values, PID gains, "broken" code, new functionality, etc.) after the Fix-It Window on our now-legal practice robot (per Q&A #1026).
A: You may do whatever on your practice robot but you must recreate your "fixes" onsite at a competition.
I think this was the only reasonable answer. I'm surprised that the question needed to be asked in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Verdeyen
The rub here is that the rules governing mechanical parts and software are different. You're trying to find analogues where they simply don't exist.
From my viewpoint as a software engineer, they are perfectly analogous.