View Single Post
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Says Memorable Things
AKA: Dustin Benedict
FRC #5895 (Peddie Robotics & FRC 708 Hatters Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
thefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond reputethefro526 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to thefro526 Send a message via MSN to thefro526
Re: Team media pass at Nationals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethie42 View Post
Hi,
I heard a rumor that this year the policy for team media passes at Championships has changed, that you had to sign up in advance, as opposed to previous years when (I have heard) each team automatically gets a pass with their sign-in packet.

I will be recording our team's matches with a large video camera on loan from our local community-access TV station, and really really hope I can be down on the floor with the camera and tripod and all...

Also, to clarify, if you have a media pass you are allowed on the floor during matches, so long as you aren't interfering with the referees and such?

Thank you!
As far as I know and have heard, each team will have access to one media pass, and then outside media outlets can apply for a media pass of their own.

The person wearing the media pass is granted field access and I've seen camera people stand in the driver's station before to get shots... I wouldn't recommend getting that close though. A good rule of thumb though, is to ask how close you can get during a match before you get too close.
Current - Technical Mentor, FRC 5895, FRC 708