View Single Post
  #115   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Expert Flybot Crasher
FRC #1885 (ILITE)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
JesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond reputeJesseK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Cannot Graciously Accept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfrost View Post
I cant believe this still gets brought up no matter how many years past. Its simply the other team that is being gracious for offering their alliance spot to you. Therefore one would say:

"Team XXXX accepts your gracious offer."
or
"Thank you for the gracious offer however team XXXX declines."

So once and for all pick one and use it, and lets make SURE this thread isn't repeated again next year.

You know what actually i'd like to see FIRST members to pick up a thesaursus and look up gracious, or go to http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/gracious and pick a different word and use it in Atlanta.

See you all there, and remember ill be listening!!!
It will probably be brought up every year. I would estimate that outside of FIRST, 95% of engineers have bad diction when it comes to non-scientific terminology. An FRC student "Graciously Accepting" isn't an anomoly.

By the way, are we resurrecting the contest for the championships this year?

1885: YouTube | CAD Library