View Single Post
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2018, 12:31 AM
FRC #3275 (Accelerators 3134 & Regulators 3275)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2012
snoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud ofsnoman has much to be proud of
Re: Advice on Starting STEAM Related Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja Anil View Post
Okay, YES. I've been part of the PLTW courses since my freshman year. Engineering Pathway. Started Freshman year with a whole lot of inventor and CAD. The class was Introduction to Engineering Design. Sophmore year was a lot of calculations and VEX programming and building. It was called Principles of Engineering. This year was Aerospace Engineering. I know other schools have different programs like Biomed and stuff like that but I am so happy they choose Aerospace. It's become my favorite class in high school. Next year is a capstone course where we'll solve an everyday problem with engineering ideas we have developed over the last 3 years. I'm excited!!
I so recommend this program. If it's possible to get into it or get it at your school, DO IT. You won't regret it.

I'm taking AP Computer Sci A next year, so I have no idea right now how it'll be. I'm excited though!
+1
I teach at a district that has PLTW k12. I think it is a good program. Also in MN you can get college credit for almost all PLTW classes. I will require teachers to be trained and there is a cost to the district for this. It is worth some research.
https://www.facebook.com/accerleratorsandregulators/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQU...Cr8I4wezAbMefA