View Single Post
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Post-A-Holic
AKA: Paul Dennis
FRC #1719 (The Umbrella Corp)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2005
aaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant futureaaeamdar has a brilliant future
Re: "We Are the Champions" and GP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14 View Post
I don't see a problem with it being played. I don't think it's not GP at all.

Shouldn't you be bummed more about the fact that you were simply beaten than the fact that the song is being played? Or shouldn't you be happy with how far you went?

Let the people who worked hard to win enjoy their experience. By complaining about the song being played, I see it as being selfish (we all are selfish at times, however). People should be more worried about how the finalist teams feel than how the champion teams feel?

I complain simply because I don't like the song (I find it unexciting and simply annoying) not because I am considered a "loser" and that the DJs are being disrespectful to me and all of the other non-champion teams.
The responses to my original posting seem to indicate that I went a little off my intended topic. My biggest concern about the song is not that it would make anyone feel bad. My biggest concern is that the song is fundamentally not in tune with the FIRST credo.

Furthermore, I really have to ask, how is it selfish to say that we shouldn't play songs that take away central meaning from an organization in which I am one participant of thousands? You've confused me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoX14 View Post
That's like saying that defeating the other alliance is disrespectful and not GP.
Playing a fair match and doing your best to win is of course fully within the scope of gracious professionalism. However, imagine the following situation: someone from the defeated team walks up to the alliance captain and says "Great game" and offers to shake hands. The alliance captain on the winning team says "Oh, sorry, I don't have time for losers." Is that GP?