View Single Post
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-17-2017, 06:49 AM
Heading to Indiana State for ComSci
AKA: Logan Kreisher
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2015
logank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond reputelogank013 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: District Points in IN - HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi Kaestle View Post
I would double check what the rules about a pre-qualified team are. If I remember correctly, last year in MAR when 341 was on the winning alliance that "burned" one of the district spots and could not be reallocated.

My understanding is that as long as a pre-qualified team (45) does not earn a spot via an auto-bid win (winning alliance, culture award) then they get skipped but otherwise their slot gets forfeited because only 4 spots (3 if there is a back-up bot) are available for teams to earn via points.
That is what I was implying. If team 45 wins the state event, wins the state EI, or wins the state chairmans, they will generate a "next in" (or what I call wildcard to stay consistent with regionals) spot for the next highest team based on the district points.

Edit: Oh wait, I see what you are saying. So you think that if 45 wins one of the qualifying spots in Indiana, it will just burn up rather than getting reallocated to the next district point team? That may be true but that doesn't really make sense since they are prequalified to the championship... Burning up a district spot due to a district team winning a qualifying spot at a regional at least makes sense because they are trying to keep regionals and districts fair...

Edit 2: The following quote is take from the game manual section 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC Game Manual 2017 Section 10
If a District team earns a slot to the FIRST Championship within the season, but is not able to attend, the
top ranked team who has not yet been offered a slot is given the opportunity, and so on, until all slots are
filled. Slots for pre-qualified teams will not be backfilled.
So what exactly does backfilled mean? Is it saying that if a prequalified team wins a qualifying spot, that spot won't be refilled? Does that apply just for winning and the culture awards or does that also apply to the "next in" teams as well?

Edit 3: Based on last year in Indiana, 45 would have won a "next in" spot if they weren't already qualified to worlds. It looks like last year they did not take up a "next in" spot. Last year, Indiana had 9 spots leaving 3 spots for the winners, 3 spots for the 3 awards, and 3 spots for "next in" teams. Last year, Indiana sent 10 teams so it appears that 45 did not consume a "next in" spot from the Indiana District. With that said, I think that you are right that 45 would consume a spot if they win one of the 3 awards or win the event...
Offseason 2 Wins (CORI: 234, 2614, 3266) (CAGE: 234, 868, 2791?), IRI, and IndyRAGE

2016 Regular Season (w/ 234)
1 NC District (Guilford: QF), 2 IN Districts (Warren: QF) (Perry: QF), and 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF)
Offseason IRI, Boiler Bot Battle, CAGE, and IndyRAGE

2017 Regular Season (w/ 234) 2 District Wins (Tippecanoe: 234, 1018, 4926) (Perry: 1501, 234, 2197), 1 DCMP (Indiana: QF), and 1 Half-Worlds (Curie: QF)

Last edited by logank013 : 03-17-2017 at 09:07 AM.