View Single Post
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Engineering Coach
AKA: Allen "JAG" Gregory
FRC #3847 (Spectrum)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2003
AllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond reputeAllenGregoryIV has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AllenGregoryIV
The tools you can't get through FRC build season without?

What are the tools you can't get through FRC build season without (or wouldn't want to)?
I asked another question on Facebook and here are the answers. I tried my best to compile the best bits of the conversation and remove duplicates, etc but I probably missed some stuff.

Allen Gregory
K. Verdeyen
B. Simons
A. Spears
E. Morrison
  • We use a Dewalt DW328 with a stand from Swag Offroad, been our best tool since 2016
  • Clecos! I'm always amazed how many people don't know what they are. We don't do sheetmetal but we use a TON of versaframe and they're great for that too.

C. Cash
V. Pham
  • Something simple, but gets very handy: a rubber mallet. Could never build a robot without one.

N. Coussens
  • Clevis and air rivet gun cannot be stressed enough. Also never enough Allen key sets for when students inevitably use them. Quality diagonal cutters. Also just a brass cylinder is super useful whenever you need to bang on something but don't want a mallet. Put a counterbore into one end of the brass cylinder and it's really nice for when you need to tap on the outer race of a bearing or something.

B. Leverette

R. Stockton
J. Zondag
P. Francis
J. Chong
J. Killian
I. Rife
R. Oakley

Team 647 | Cyber Wolf Corps | Alumni | 2003-2006 | Shoemaker HS
Team 2587 | DiscoBots | Mentor | 2008-2011 | Rice University / Houston Food Bank
Team 3847 | Spectrum | Coach | 2012-20... | St Agnes Academy
LRI | Alamo Regional | 2014-20...
"Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited by AllenGregoryIV : 11-13-2017 at 10:21 PM.