View Single Post
  #64   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Mentor, Tactician
AKA: Evan "Numbers" Morrison
FRC #5803 (Apex Robotics) and FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2005
Nuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond reputeNuttyman54 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Nuttyman54
Re: Robowranglers 2017: Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by botster View Post
I don't know if I missed something, but what happened to cause 148 to abandon the dual ball-gear intake and just stick to gears with fuel in auto?
I, for one, would love to read a blog or something with the behind-the-scenes process that 148 went through in their redesign.

I can't speak for 148, but I would assume removing the fuel ground pickup capability was a necessary sacrifice in order to make the redesign work at all. It was probably either too much additional weight and/or did not integrate with the new hopper/shooter design. It doesn't seem like something that any fuel-shooting team would deem not worth having if they had an option to keep it with no consequences.