View Single Post
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Kims Robot's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Onto a New Chapter...
AKA: Kim O'Toole Eckhardt
no team

Rookie Year: 1996
Kims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond reputeKims Robot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kims Robot
Re: FIRST Team 1114: 2012 Chairman's Video

Amazing video from an awesome team I think my favorite part about FIRST adding the video criteria is that we finally get to see what impressive programs/ideas many of the great RCA teams have put together. I've always liked 1114's Big Simbot/Litttle Simbot program, but this really makes me love the program Every team should take a look to see if there is something similar they can implement, as its one thing for students to be able to work alongside mentors, its a whole different level when there is an individual mentor looking out for you, and is your friend.

1114 - congrats on an impressive 10th season

Edit: Something a comment made me realize... many teams will look at this and say they don't have the mentor resources to implement this, but another idea would be to have your limited mentors be "bigs" to a set of leadership students, and then have the leadership students be "bigs" to the rest of your students. Its certainly not exactly the same learning, but may have the added benefit of really growing the student leaders, if you have a limited set of mentors.
History - Team 176, Team 229, Team 1511, FIRST Volunteer!!
My new FIRST Photography Hobby & Angry Eric's Fan Page
Excellence - is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

Last edited by Kims Robot : 04-20-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: New idea!