View Single Post
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
FRC #0125 (NU-TRONS)
Team Role: Mentor

Emily Pease is a name known to allEmily Pease is a name known to allEmily Pease is a name known to allEmily Pease is a name known to allEmily Pease is a name known to allEmily Pease is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Emily Pease
Re: The Confederate State of America

I saw this movie a couple of months ago because I thought it sounded like an interesting idea and because it had sold out several nights in a row at the highly respected Coolidge Corner theatre in Boston. Well, after I bought my ticket, I noticed that the reason it was sold out is because it was playing in the tiniest "theatre" imaginable! There were only about twelve seats in there, and I could see a trace of the "Janitor's Closet" sign still on the door! Plus, the twelve chairs they did have were mismatched; I was sitting in a little folding chair and my boyfriend was practically on one of those volleyball scorekeeper's chairs.

Complaints about the theatre aside, my thoughts on the movie:
I was really underwhelmed by CSA. I didn't think the movie was made very well, and I didn't really think it was that funny. I was prepared to be shocked, but I was mostly just bored. The "commercials" were definitely the best part.