View Single Post
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Waiting for my Tableau Sponsorship
AKA: Mikal Dieatrick
no team (Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2014
MikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond reputeMikLast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Innovation in Control award discussion

4513 has gotten 4 Inno in Control awards while i was a student, 2 in 2015 for programming a way for both forks to close by having one fork hit, then moving the bot slightly and forcing the forks to move in until both were hitting the tote, and two in 2017 for making our gear manipulator moveable from side to side, able to orientate the hear to the same spot every time, and eject the cube. It also was used in auto to help compensate for wide or tight turns We also got excellence in Engineering at World's for it. Video link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechvet View Post
One of my students rigged up a control setup for our swerve drive that won.

He wrote a MIDI to USB joystick program so that we could use a DJ turntable as the yaw control, and coupled it with a joystick for field-centric drive.

If I recall, the total award was for the unique control setup driving a swerve with field-centric driving, some pretty impressive control loops handling steering and the 180 problem (reverse throttle, or spin the module?). He really whipped up quite a slick system, and it was that 'total system mindset' that resulted in the award. He also had a system to use a hacked guitar hero controller to drive the secondary robot functions, like scoring triggers, LED patterns, and LED feedback.
TL: DR Cole is a god.

Join the FRC Discord!
FRC4513 (Circuit Breakers)
*Student: 2014-2017
*Drive Coach: 2016-2017

Volunteer
A/V: West Valley, PNW DCMP 2018

Last edited by MikLast : 06-07-2018 at 09:42 PM.