View Single Post
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-30-2010, 04:04 PM
FRC #1391

Rookie Year: 2007
KE5WGE has a spectacular aura aboutKE5WGE has a spectacular aura aboutKE5WGE has a spectacular aura about
Re: Old FRC Controllers (Pre-NI)

WB9UVJ,
Unfortunately when the room we are using now was built is was a storage room and not a studio so it has parallel cement walls. As of now, we are relying on clever mic techniques to prevent interesting sounding recordings. (we pretty much live by TapeOp) We have the room prety much covered in sound absorbing panels to deaden it out, most of which are a few years old and were a quick-fix when the room was first converted into a studio. As of now, we want to use these slatted panels to create a multi purpose studio that can be used for vocals, drums, guitar cabs, ect without having to move around huge pieces of equipment and without spending huge amounts of money. One of the guys in the studio here was chatting with an engineer from Capital and decided that this would be an interesting solution to the problem. Anyway, I am planning on planing the slats to be pentagonal to even when the slats are parallel they do not create parallel walls.

I will have a look around the Mixx site to see what I can find. I am also using a book another guy used for his Recording class which has a big chunk about room acoustics.

eFoote,
I like that idea. Any recommendations for controllers? I have an account at Mouser so any links?

Thanks all.
SR

Give me something to figure out and I'll break it. Give me another and I'll blow your mind.