View Single Post
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
FRC #1261 (Roblions)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2007
Tanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to beholdTanner is a splendid one to behold
Re: Programmers: I Have A Challenge For You

Heh. That's a big challenge. Not impossible, but a big challenge indeed.

If I had a chance to do this for total fun (i.e. not in a competitive sense where points matter ergo not a regional), I think it would be fun though I think it would be really hard to sense the environment around the robot. There's only so much ultrasonic sensors, touch sensors, and a camera can pick up. I'm sure there are more advanced sensors, but there's a point where the robots look less and less like FIRST robots and more like DARPA cars with LIDAR and 5 different cameras plus infrared imaging.

Do I think it'd be neat? Yeah. Easy? Nope.

About the most automated thing I've done for the teleoperated mode is let the robot put our robot's kicker in the correct position and backwind the rope we used to bring the kicker back. Probably not the autonomous we're thinking of, but thought I'd add it in.

I still think it'd be fun. I want to play with some ultrasonic sensors and the camera during the off-season just to have fun and learn something new about autonomous.

-Tanner