View Single Post
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Mentor
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
philso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond reputephilso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Socket Head Screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadfrom308 View Post
Get an impact driver and a set of hex bits for it too. You'll thank me. Just don't go too hard when you're tightening screws on a tube

This is an inappropriate tool for those who are untrained and/or inexperienced i.e. students and mentors who don't use them on a daily basis over a long time. It will be very difficult to control with sufficient finesse so that one does not crush tubes and other soft materials and is not necessary for the relatively small fasteners used in FRC. It will make the issue I raised about socket head screws worse. Many of the current Vexpro gearboxes are molded plastic and use socket cap screws. They are particularly vulnerable to being permanently damaged from overtightened screws.