View Single Post
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM
do simple better
FRC #0558 (Elm City Robo Squad)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Justin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Foss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reasons For Being Interested in Engineering, Programming, and what not

I have always had an interest in all things mechanical due to my dad's love of cars and always having something completely taken apart out in the garage.

I joined frc176 Aces High during my freshman year of high school after my cad teacher mentioned the team to me. The fact that I didn't know that the team existed before that is still interesting to me.

Before joining Aces I played travel soccer, and was on the JV Lacrosse team. It's safe to say that robotics had a large impact on my high school education and a massive change in my social life.

Aces pushed my interest in mechanical engineering to the next level and lead to me Clarkson University for college. Towards the end of my education and even moreso now with frc2168 The Aluminum Falconsm, I've realized that although I have the Engineering degree, being a mentor and teaching is something so fulfilling that I will likely end up persuing teaching as a profession in the next 5-10 years.
2003-2006 | FRC 0176 | Aces High - Student