View Single Post
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Hardcore Dork
AKA: JCH
FRC #0095 (The Grasshoppers)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
JamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesCH95 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: By The Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantwalker View Post
I really love the weighted analysis by idea/archetype. Are you guys going to mention in this thread what the archetypes are that you evaluated? I love the names but I have no idea what is going on in that table
Thanks! A criteria for creating a strategy/archetype is a good name.

I do not intend to list out what those strategies are because I do not want to skew how other teams might select their own strategies and/or archetypes. We just want other teams to see that weighted decision matrices exist and that other teams use them.

Edit: just in case anyone wanted to make their own, this is the simple math that goes into computing a value quantity from a weighted decision matrix. (Pro tip: while a cell is highlighted in an Excel or a Sheets equation, hit "F4" to automatically insert $ in the column and row values to make that cell address absolute instead of relative.)

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot, common sense is trying to not be an idiot, wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot.

Last edited by JamesCH95 : 01-07-2018 at 01:02 PM.