Thread: Team Spirit
View Single Post
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
CaMOElot, it is a silly place
AKA: My First Name is really "The" (or Brian)
FRC #0365 (The Miracle Workerz); FRC#1495 (AGR); FRC#4342 (Demon)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
The Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond reputeThe Lucas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to The Lucas
Re: Team Spirit

One Method to increase cheering:
1. Make up a cheer for your team. One person should be able to start the cheer and everyone join in.
2. Teach the rookies the cheer as soon as they join.
3. Cheer at least once every meeting (like when you stop talking and start working) and whenever you accomplish something during build (ex: the shooter prototype makes a shot)
4. Cheer at the beginning of your matches.
5. Cheer whenever your robot or team does something good.
This cheer will become second nature to you team and even the most shy student (like me as a rookie) will come out of their shell (if only a little bit).

Also, learn the dances they play at competition (Cha Cha Slide, CottonEye Joe, Etc). Occasionally, take a break from building and dance
Electrical & Programming Mentor ---Team #365 "The Miracle Workerz"
Programming Mentor ---Team #4342 "Demon Robotics"
Founding Mentor --- Team #1495 Avon Grove High School
2007 CMP Chairman's Award - Thanks to all MOE members (and others) past and present who made it a reality.
Robot Inspector
"I don't think I'm ever more ''aware'' than I am right after I burn my thumb with a soldering iron"