One Method to increase cheering:
1. Make up a cheer for your team. One person should be able to start the cheer and everyone join in.
2. Teach the rookies the cheer as soon as they join.
3. Cheer at least once every meeting (like when you stop talking and start working) and whenever you accomplish something during build (ex: the shooter prototype makes a shot)
4. Cheer at the beginning of your matches.
5. Cheer whenever your robot or team does something good.
This cheer will become second nature to you team and even the most shy student (like me as a rookie) will come out of their shell (if only a little bit).
Also, learn the dances they play at competition (Cha Cha Slide, CottonEye Joe, Etc). Occasionally, take a break from building and dance