View Single Post
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:26 PM
6th Gear Developer; Mentor
AKA: Blake Ross
no team (6th Gear)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2006
gblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond reputegblake has a reputation beyond repute
Re: VEX Robotics Competition Announces New Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtengineering View Post
Looks like a fun game. It looks like the planned wi-fi upgrade wasn't ready to go in time for this season. While that is kind of unfortunate... I know a lot of people were looking forward to it... I'll give IFI credit for holding back and going with the tested and true rather than the flashy and new.

Jason
Unless disaster strikes, ithe WIFI control system (in a tournament context) should make an appearance before the season is over, and there is a good likelihood that it will be available for many late season events; but you are right, they want it to be ready for prime time before it gets used widely.

Test, debug, retest, demo, then deploy....

Blake
Words/phrases I avoid: basis, mitigate, leveraging, transitioning, impact (instead of affect/effect), facilitate, programmatic, problematic, issue (instead of problem), latency (instead of delay), dependency (instead of prerequisite), connectivity, usage & utilize (instead of use), downed, functionality, functional, power on, descore, alumni (instead of alumnus/alumna), the enterprise, methodology, nomenclature, form factor (instead of size or shape), competency, modality, provided(with), provision(ing), irregardless/irrespective, signage, colorized, pulsating, ideate