View Single Post
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
AKA: K Adams
FRC #0306 (CRT(Corry Robotics Team))
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Kyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud ofKyle A has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle A Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle A
Re: What's your day job?

I have a couple day jobs, for the past 6 years I have worked at Custaloga Town Scout Reservation. It is a boy scout camp,and i pretty much do it all there, mow lawns, clean, life guard, teach, repair things, cook,sing, and more. My main position though is handicraft director, I teach arts and craft merit badges. And more recently I have started Teaching the robotics merit badge.

My other job while i'm not at camp is a shift manger at a local gas station. I know nothing exciting, but it gave me the time to help Mentor the team and go to events.

I just this week got hired at a local machine shop in town, Great Lakes Manufacturing. I was interviewed for a quality control job, and also a machine operator and programmer of an electronic bending machine. When i was interviewed the guy was really interested in FIRST and what I did, even though its been a few years since I've had hands on work on the robot. Needless to say I got the job working with the robot bending machine.
After I start and get trained more I will be able to say a bit more about what I do, but I know if it wasn't for FIRST I wouldn't be where I am at now.