View Single Post
  #72   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
AKA: Scooby
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Steven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Lessons Learned:The Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion1279 View Post
I think that the Q&A is the cause for a lot of gripes this year.

I would like to see it eliminated. They are digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole as FIRST grows. Seemed like the GDC couldn't keep up with aggregate thinking of the masses.

The rules should be clear enough to make the Q&A redundant.
While that is true, inevitably, some form of Q&A is needed because people are ALWAYS going to have questions about rules unless the GDC releases a manual with blue boxes for every single rule detailing every possible game/design scenario possible...

My grips this year are redundant to what's been said in the thread:

Comm issues: This one doesn't need to be discussed further.

Lack of a glossary: This year's manual needed it. In addition to the Q&A responses, it would have been nice to have definitions of things such as "grab/grasp/grapple" and "bridge" so that all the controversies with the rules wouldn't have happened.