View Single Post
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2018, 03:57 PM
Chief of FUN
no team (First Updates Now)

Rookie Year: 2001
Tyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond reputeTyler Olds has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Top Region Lists + Tonight 8pm ET: FUNalysis, FRCTop25, FUN After Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4130 View Post
How is 68 ranked and 4130 Isint? 4130 was the 2nd alliance captain and we picked 68. I guess I’m not catching onto something...
Can't comment directly on this as I do not vote nor did I watch this specific event but typically the most common reason for why "X team was voted higher than my team" are:

1. More people know about 68 than your team and are positioned to think of 68 over 4130 .
Solution: Start building on a history of solid performances and start promoting your team more so they are positioned to think of 4130 more often (this not only applied to FRCTop25 polls but to other things like alliance selections as well).

2. The other robot was actually better than your robot in performance. Just because you are the captain doesn't mean you have a better robot.

I usually won't be looking up where teams landed in the region polls but 4130 landed 14th. Not too far off. Start having consistent performances and I would guess that you will see your team higher in the rankings.
CD Moderator

Last edited by Tyler Olds : 03-13-2018 at 04:47 PM.