View Single Post
  #59   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:10 PM
MIssin' the MItten
AKA: Erik Boyle
FRC #0395 (2 Train Robotics), FRC #4640 (Metallic Panthers)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2012
Ekcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond reputeEkcrbe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you think of this year's game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanZur1836 View Post
My only two complaints are the feeder stations and the big emphasis on coopertition. Nobody really went up to the station to get balls, they were just thrown through the opening for the most part and thrown over the station in the last 30 seconds. Also, it caused a lot of unnecessary penalties that not many teams understood.
I have to disagree here. Having a good inbounder was just the right importance for the game. It could take a good team and move them up a notch, but the inbounders didn't control the game. I did see teams going to the slot, and taking it out wouldn't have been challenging enough. I think penalties at the inbounding station were limited and fairly obvious: don't have more than six balls, don't step over the line when inbounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanZur1836 View Post
I do not think that balancing on the coop bridge should be just as important as winning. I think it would be fine if you got two qualification points for winning, and one for cooping, because then people would still think that it is important but at the same time the rankings would be more fair.
What many people are neglecting to consider is that making coopertition as valuable as winning was not just because the GDC thought it was that important, but because it forces teams to make the tough call: do you risk it to win and spend less time balancing, or ensure the coop and jeopardize your chances of winning? By making them equals, the game encourages teams to find the balance (no pun intended) between winning and co-oping, instead of everyone playing only to win and making the co-op a secondary goal.
2012 Championship Newton Division FinalistsóThanks 330 and 639 for the Full Court Press! | 2013 Kettering University District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Great Lakes Bay Region District WinnersóThanks 288, 4819, and 5166! | 2014 Waterford District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2014 Michigan FRC State Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 33 and 503! | 2015 Center Line District Chairman's Award Winners! | 2015 Lansing District WinnersóThanks 314 and 1684! | 2015 FIRST in Michigan District Championship Chairman's Award WinnersóCongratulations 503 and 2137!