View Single Post
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 10:29 PM
AKA: Scooby
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2009
Steven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Donow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The communication tides are shifting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sevcik View Post
It's a real time industrial control system. It's plenty hardy enough for what we're doing and the treatment we're giving it. I'm seriously doubting this is a hardware problem with the cRIO. It's possible it's a software problem with the cRIO or FMS, but the most likely answer really seems to revolve around our consumer-grade WiFi radios. The fact that a firmware change on the router causes massive communication problems is pretty troubling, really.
Exactly. We're having data processed on an industrial-grade controller with a consumer-grade transmitter. That's the problem I see. I think the best we can hope for right now is that next year in the KOP we get a nice new radio that's much much more powerful than the one we currently have.