View Single Post
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-06-2017, 06:46 PM
AKA: Tim Flynn
FRC #1257 (Parallel Universe), #1228 (RoboTribe)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2016
tjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond reputetjf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: start-of-school recruiting help

Just reading through this, your biggest interaction, the club fair, is a place where you want to work with, not compete against. If you have a 2014, 2016 or 2013 robot, they're all excellent games to "interact" with a crowd. Launch fuel, boulders, frisbees, and large balls. It's one thing to go in a bounce-house, as fun as they are, it's another to play catch with a robot.

Secondly, you can stress things *other* than the robot, like strategy, design, AV, and so on.

And finally, the easiest way to counter the "I'm not smart enough" view is to say that's why you join! To learn! The brightest minds of their generation weren't born the brightest, they learned how to do better by *doing*.

I wish you guys the best of luck, have fun, do well, and remember... there's more to this than the robot.

1257 (2016) - Student
1257 (2017-Present) - Overactive Alumnus | 1228 (2017-Present) - I do stuff
KD2KRT

Last edited by tjf : 08-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.