View Single Post
  #53   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-31-2004, 10:05 PM
Grow Up? Why?
no team

Rookie Year: 2002
Steve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond reputeSteve W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIRST Competition Entry Fee Increases for 2005

I know that I have stated this before BUT, The registration moneys do NOT go to the regionals. There is a small amount to help prop up regionals that have not made the amount needed. I believe that I saw a figure of $800,000.00 for this but I could be wrong. The regionals are suppose to support themselves. When you talk of a stripped down regional that is because the regional committee was unable to raise the full amount for a full blown regional. Even then some regionals could not cover expenses. It is understood that a new regional could take 2 - 3 years to break even but then they should be self sufficient.

The real question might be, If the regional can't find enough funds, should it then be cancelled?